Alchemy Systems are offering small and medium-sized companies in the South West for a limited period only a FREE IT health check to provide a confidential assessment of your IT infrastructure.
Each report will be tailored made to your specific environment after a detailed conversation on current issues and considerations. An assessment will made by a qualified Alchemy engineer including an audit of the health of your file server from reviewing event logs and other parameters. Your physical data, cabling, network and desktop equipment will also be assessed as appropriate to the individual client assessment.
Your business continuity and disaster recovery can be discussed and if required an assessment of your current support arrangements and costing’s re-evaluated.Send your name and telephone number to arrange a site visit to:
Tel: 01392 248498 or 01404 42882
Here are examples of what Alchemy have uncovered for previous clients.
- The on-line backup data appears to only show 2GB, you have over 30GB – Critical risk
- Server Systems partition on the disk drive shows less than 6% free disk space – high risk
- Server software predates 2006 suggesting hardware is at least 7 years old. Most businesses
replace and update equipment between 3-5 years and there is no hardware support contract
– high risk
- Your Server operating system is no longer on Microsoft’s fully supported list – medium risk
- There are system event log errors requiring deeper investigation – medium risk
- The file server has only one hard drive – a mirrored pair for resilience and back-up is highly
recommended – medium risk
- Memory is performing at over 90% capacity and slowing services which requires upgrading
– low risk
- Your data partition is over 80% full. Defragmentation is not effective even when less than
15% of free space is available – housekeeping required – low risk
- Drive defragmentation has not been carried out on the System partitions and slows performance
– medium risk
- Your administration password is the same used by the installation company, highly recommended
that this is changed regularly – security risk and should be changed
- Your licence manager indicates you own 25 Microsoft client access licences which does not
match your purchasing records showing only 10 – Compliance issue
- Your desktops are not collecting automated antivirus updates from the server.
- Users are storing data on their local C drive therefore no data is being backed up.
- There is no legal statement footer on emails.
- Users are free to install social media software and other applications such as LimeWire that
have infected hard drives.
- You have been incorrectly advised and we can confirm by remote access; setup of users and
mailboxes is an achievable process through remote management and therefore does not
require a chargeable visit.
- You have been incorrectly advised and we can confirm antivirus renewals does not require
a chargeable site visit with reloading of software on each machine.
- You have been incorrectly advised and we can confirm it is possible with SBS to use both
VPN and Outlook web services.
- Local backups are still required even though you are using an on-line backup service for fast
system state recovery.
- Purchase a portable USB hard drive and carry out full back up immediately.
- Review cost of an on-line backup process, consider the need for 30GB not 2GB of
storage space and also review other options available.
- Attempt to create system hard drive space by carrying out defragmentation.
- Investigate event log errors and carry out a comprehensive technical health check.
- Change password regularly.
- Free up data drive to create disk space.
- Add memory to server.
- Build a desktop user policy document to ensure compliance to business standards.
- Consider proactive automated support contract as there is no on-site administration expertise.