In a previous post we talked about the staff in an organisation being its weakest links in its efforts to being cyber resilient.
To keep this weakness to an acceptable level it’s important to have a cyber security policy that every staff member is made aware of AND is given training on so that they understand the significance of each of the items in your cyber security policy.
What should a security policy require of its staff?
These are just a few of the things a staff security policy should require:
- use of strong passwords
- change passwords regularly
- password protect all devices
- back-up data throughout the day
- shred all documents
- exercise care on incoming phone calls
- be cautious what you share on social media sites
- never open suspicious links in email, tweets, posts, online ads, messages or attachments – even if it seems to come from a known source
- stay observant and immediately report anything suspicious
Don’t let your staff be your weakest link !
Keep them trained on a regular basis.
Use penetration testing to esnure that they are on the ball.
Keep them informed of the latest in cyber crime and how to recognise and deal with it.!
Contact us if you need help!
Alchemy Systems have 20 years of IT systems experience and are a Microsoft Partner. Alchemy Systems Designs, Supplies, Installs, Supports and Protects clients’ IT systems. Tel. 0330-043-080198 Email. firstname.lastname@example.org